St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Assistant Nurse Manager - Telemetry 4N & 4W in Santa Rosa, California
We are looking for an Assistant Nurse Manager to float between two units for our Telemetry Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Facilitates interdepartmental and intradepartmental problem solving and collaboration. Serves as a positive, progressive, professional role model to nursing staff by actively participating in effective management and operational leadership.
Meets all expectations of RN staff position description. Acts as a professional role model for the nursing team.
Researches, develops and implements nursing standards in cooperation with manager and director to maintain nursing practice that is consistent with community, ministry standards, legislative changes and current trends in clinical practice.
Demonstrates professional leadership practices that facilitate involvement and empowerment of the staff in problem solving and decision-making.
Coordinates the overall scheduling and staffing of the shift/unit, as well as the shift-to-shift staffing associated with patient flow within the department.
Assists with and facilitates the problem solving of day-to-day clinical operational issues and follows up on unit issues.
Actively practices and articulate the ministry management values and the patient centered care philosophy.
Assists with development of unit budget and manages the shift productivity; monitors and manages the utilization of services and resources, both human and material, within established budgetary guidelines.
Identifies learning needs of the staff and promotes education activities, in collaboration with the manager and director.
Assists with development, review and revisions of department policies, procedures and competencies.
Assists with projects within the department that focus on improvement of key work processes or patient outcomes such as unit orientation, education and management of best practices.
Shift/Department Management and Leadership:
• Monitors and ensures the availability and maintenance of needed equipment and supplies.
• Interviews and selects personnel, coaches and counsels for optimum performance, utilizes disciplinary process when indicated and completes performance appraisals according to policy.
• Oversees and coordinates new hire orientation, training, and/or preceptorship and provides instructions/directions for staff/students. Follows-up and assures completion of unit orientation and work performance objectives. Ensures employee competencies and required certifications are maintained and current.
• Plans unit based competencies and education based on needs of unit and new practices policies.
• Immediately responds to patient, physician and staff concerns, completes follow-up and reports results to nurse manager.
• Maintains open line of communication with staff, Manager and Director through staff meetings, formal and informal shift meetings (e.g. huddles) with unit staff for information sharing and problem solving. Plans and disseminates information to staff on a regular basis.
• Prioritizes projects, workload, clinical demands, and unit functions. Keeps Manager informed of progress.
- Resource Allocation:
• Projects staffing needs for the next shift and reviews the schedule and projected needs for the next 24 hours. Collaborates with staffing office to meet the needs of the unit.
• Ensures upcoming schedules are balanced and meet targets and core skills.
• Demonstrates flexibility and the use of innovative methods to achieve required staffing while considering unit budgetary guidelines, including authorization for overtime and extra shifts.
• Completes and updates shift and daily staffing/assignment sheets as directed by the Manager. Reports any problems or variances to scheduling targets.
• Demonstrates understanding of development of unit operating and capital budgets.
• Ensures the availability and maintenance of needed equipment and supplies.
• Uses supplies and resources within budgetary guidelines.
• Reviews, signs, and ensures accuracy of employee time records. Follows up with employee. Reports issues or concerns to Manager.
Standards of Practice/Performance Improvement (PI):
• Demonstrates proper use of PI process including investigation and follow-up of pertinent information. (e.g. Occurrence/RL reports).
• Initiates/supports chain of command when necessary for resolving patient care and operational issues.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the unit performance improvement activities and assures staff participation.
• Actively participates in unit-based, divisional and departmental committees to promote change and establish standards of practice in compliance with TJC/State regulatory agencies.
• Plans projects within department which focus on improvement of key work processes and/or patient outcomes. Monitors and uses other change management techniques to ensure success.
- Staff and Professional Development:
• Identifies learning needs of the staff and promotes education activities for their professional growth and development.
• Develops implements and evaluates in-services and other educational activities to meet learning needs identified by staff, risk management, quality assessment and improvement activities, planned changes in practice or other available data sources.
• Conducts focus competency assessments of specific employees when indicated.
• Disseminates current information regarding trends, resources, policies and procedures relevant to region.
• Promotes best practices and encourages certification of unit staff.
Demonstrated current clinical competency in a department.
Competent with Microsoft Office software and have strong computer skills.
Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
Able to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, physicians, or organizations.
Ability to read and comprehend written instructions; able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical records.
Able to apply deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem solve on a frequent basis.
Initiative and the ability to make independent judgments relating to personnel and clinical matters.
Demonstrate excellence in the areas of leadership, interpersonal relationships, communication skills, positive customer service behaviors; role model for our values and standards of behavior.
Capable of gathering data and making sound, mature decisions; ability to assess internal and external environment and make appropriate managerial changes based on those assessments.
Able to coordinate, organize and manage multiple projects.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience : 2 years of Lead nurse or demonstrated progressive leadership experience.
Any other certification in area as appropriate.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience : Supervisory/Management experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/ Manager
Req ID: R336746
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs