St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health RN II - Emergency Room in Petaluma, California
We are looking for a Staff RN II - PSNP (Petaluma Staff Nurse Partnership) with the Emergency Room at Petaluma Valley Hospital.
Location: Petaluma, CA
Schedule: Full Time - 72 biweekly hours
Shift: 12-hour Nights
Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff Nurse II independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the results of patient care.
Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide age-specific care to patients served, including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for the populations served in the department. Demonstrates competence in assessing and interpreting age appropriate data about the patients' status in order to provide the care needed.
Demonstrates appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating care to meet the patient needs.
• Assesses patients according to department standards and anticipates changes in patients’ status.
• Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
• Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
• Involves patient and family and interdisciplinary resource to develop and revise plan of care.
• Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age specific patient’s needs, including teaching and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
• Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care.
• Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
• Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families within their age specific categories, providing necessary information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and allied health care professionals.
• Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
• Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to care.
• Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided in evaluation of patient outcomes.
Demonstrates leadership in handling daily activities on the unit:
• Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
• Acts as a resource to team members.
• Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the person’s job description and scope of practice.
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title 22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working within established budget parameters.
• Participates in identification and implementation of cost saving strategies.
• Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and standards and in collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at least one activity, project, to help the department/hospital maintain high quality, cost effective workflow and service to patient.
Participates in professional development:
• Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental standards.
• Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
• Participates in the review process by identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
• Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communications/information and changes in practice.
• Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in research/quality data collection.
• Assists in modifying/improving practice based on clinical findings and literature.
• Participates with the nurse manager in the development and implementation of department goals.
Able to communicate effectively in English (verbal and written).
Effective skills in communication, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, and prioritization.
Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
Has the ability to think critically.
Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
Basic computer skills.
Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care Team.
Experience: 6 months experience as a RN in a health care setting.
Current California RN licensure.
BLS within 60 days of hire.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Experience: 1 year Acute care experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: R326020
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs