St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist Float Pool - MA/MR - South County (Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Laguna, Foothill Ranch) in Mission Viejo, California
Float Pool Medical Assistant/Medical Receptionist - MA/MR Full Time
South County (Mission Viejo, Lake Forest, Laguna, Foothill Ranch)
The Front Office / Back Office Medical Assistant Float will be responsible for “floating” to ministry locations within South County and performs tasks in all aspects of care delivered by the front office and back office staff. When performing duties as a Medical Assistant, this position will be responsible for assisting the physician/provider with all general medicine or specialized medical practice duties under the general supervision of the Physician, Clinical Supervisor and or Clinical Manager. When performing Front Office duties, this position will function as an interface with patients, physicians, staff, health plans, community-at-large, obtaining all information relating to patients, facilitating the collection and dissemination of information to Medical Records and Information Systems. Reports directly to the Front Office Lead and/or Medical Office Manager and Medical Office Supervisor.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Certificate of completion from an accredited school of training for medical assistants, required
• MA Certificate
• Current CPR (BLS) Certificate
Experience: Entry level with less than 2 years’ experience as a Back Office Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care facility or medical group practice.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Windows.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring approach to helping people.
• Maintains a positive attitude with changing conditions.
• Good organizational abilities.
• Ability to operate all general business equipment and assist office with all clerical needs.
• Requires good written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• General knowledge of healthcare insurance and terminology.
• Must be able to work under general supervision.
• Must have a professional and mature demeanor.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with confidential information.
Preferred Position Additional Qualifications:
• Experience with computers and/or automated scheduling, EMR and/or IDX experience highly desirable.
• Experience in handling and balancing cash preferred.
Other: Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care