St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Lead Medical Assistant in Mission Viejo, California
We are looking for a Lead Medical Assistant with MHMG Tower-Family Practice Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Heritage Healthcare, CA
Schedule: Full Time 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8 Hour Day Shift
The Lead Medical Assistant (MA IV) works under the delegation of a licensed practitioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing patient care to assigned patients. A Lead Medical Assistant (MA IV) is capable of performing all aspects of the Associate MA (MA I) and Medical Assistant (MA II) and Senior MA (MA III) roles. Additionally, the Lead Medical Assistant (MA IV) serves in a leader role or is highly skilled and trained in multiple complex specialty areas and oversees ambassadors, change agents, quality champions, and preceptors within the clinic. Ages of Patients Served: Birth and above.
• Flexibility is a must; to meet the changing needs of the patients and the various clinics.
• Ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances, instill trust in others while upholding the values of the organization.
• Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, as well as to interact in a professional manner with colleagues, patients, families, and visitors.
• Demonstrated PC skills (ex: MS Office and EMR use)
• Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates awareness of current state, federal, and local laws relating to role and patient care.
• Serves as a resource & role model for all applicable quality infection control and safety standards.
• Serves as a resource and reinforces principles and practices governing MA role and the ability to apply them effectively.
• Performs delegated work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must possess advanced knowledge of vaccinations, medications, their use, to include brand and generic names related to the clinic/location supported.
• Ability to proactively analyze, problem solve, and prioritize multiple tasks under pressure for themselves and their team.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, practitioners and other caregivers.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify strength and weaknesses or alternative solutions, draw conclusions and identify appropriate approaches to problems.
H.S. Diploma or GED
Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants and certificate.
3 years medical assisting experience in clinic setting
3 years experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion.
6 months working experience in a PSJH clinic within the last 3 years, OR 18 months experience in a Lead MA role in a clinical setting in lieu of
Licenses / Certifications:
• Required upon hire: Active MA Certification through state where hired (WA only); OR one of the nationally recognized MA programs: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP; OR graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
• Required upon hire and maintained: WA State MA-C to work in state of WA. (MA-R not accepted for MA III role.)
• Required upon hire and maintained in the following states: AK, CA, MT, OR, TX, & NM - National certification/registration (AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT) as a Medical Assistant
• Required upon hire: Current BLS - Must be AHA accredited
Preferred Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree
St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Medical Assistant
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs