St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health EMT-Paramedic - Covenant Ambulance Service - Full time - Days in Lubbock, Texas
Covenant Health is seeking a full time, day shift EMT Paramedic with the Covenant Ambulance Service Department at Covenant Health System.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a link to complete on demand interview video, once completed will be forwarded for Mgr for review.
The paramedic is responsible for the delivery of quality care for ill or injured patients under varied conditions in collaboration with department specific personnel. The paramedic must be highly motivated and able to function using assessment skills and written standards as defined by departmental policy. Must also be able to participate in Departmental committees, public relations, and outreach education.
Must perform rapid assessment and formulate plan of care for optimum patient outcome.
Must give direct patient care per medical control orders (verbal or written).
Must perform rapid patient assessment to identify and treat life threatening processes.
Must understand and be able to perform special procedures (i.e., defibrillation/cardioversion, external pacing, mechanical ventilation, advanced airways and drug therapy) as described in protocols or policies.
Must accurately interpret ECG’s and pertinent lab values and provide care according to findings.
Must communicate pertinent patient information to facility personnel and physician.
• Responds to requests for emergency medical services.
• Must perform rapid assessment and formulate plan of care to be used during emergency medical transports and inter-facility transports for optimum patient outcome, Utilizing established guidelines / protocols/ written or verbal orders.
• Must perform rapid patient assessment to identify and treat life threatening processes during emergency medical transports or inter-facility transports.
• The paramedic must perform their duties in response to 911 or inter-facility request, regardless of weather conditions. Weather will be assess in real time for long distance non-emergency transport to ensure ambulance staff safety.
• Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment in the ambulance and station during each shift.
• Maintains ambulance and station.
• Completes all necessary documentation as directly by policy.
• Assist in training new employees.
• Assist in precepting students and assist with third party riders per policy.
• Able to operate a Covenant vehicle in accordance with all applicable regulations.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
Licenses and Certifications:
Texas State EMT-P (paramedic) or LP (licensed paramedic) certification OR be eligible to apply for Tx EMT Basic certification by reciprocity. Proof of Texas certification required by start date.
BLS with the American Heart Association and must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
ACLS with the American Heart Association and must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
PALS with the American Heart Association and must be obtained within 30 days of employment.
Valid Driver's License / Active Driver's License in good standing
Preferred Position Qualification:
1 year experience in a healthcare setting
Experience in emergency medical services.
Licenses and Certifications:
NREMT-P, NRP, or ENPC
BTLS or PHTLS provider certification
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.
For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Health Care
Req ID: R328016
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs