St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Critical Care Advanced Practitioner in Lubbock, Texas
Covenant Health is seeking a Full time Nurse Practitioner for 4th Floor ICU Program Admin Department at Covenant Medical Group.
Provides primary care to patients acting as an assistant to physicians in the clinic following established standards and practices with minimal supervision.
Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients to interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
Performs complete physical exam and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures and synthesizes data to determine preliminary diagnosis and therapeutic plan utilizing principles of prevention. Records all findings.
Administers medications and injections according to physician direction. Sutures minor lacerations.
Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient educations.
• Perform chart review on Hematology/Oncology new consults and perform complete H&P. Dictate consultation. Coordinate/communicate consult with the receiving physician. Communicate with referring physician when indicated and/or requested by the receiving physician.
• Perform follow-up visits on established in-patients including daily rounds with physician or independently, review of lab and diagnostic tests, documenting progress note, writing appropriate orders and communicating with physician(s) as appropriate.
• Perform scheduled clinic visits and evaluation of drop-in patients with problems at the discretion of the physician. Order appropriate tests, review results and initiate treatment when indicated. Review treatment plans with physician and seek direction when needed.
• Write chemotherapy orders when indicated and with physician prior to initiating therapy. All orders for chemotherapy must be co-signed by an oncologist.
• Function as a resource for JACC nursing and support staff.
• Communicate with CMG Oncology Physicians Group using succinct case presentation.
• Perform procedures commonly required in the care of Hematology/Oncology according to the delineation of privileges for this position.
Minimum Position Qualification:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
Experience: 3 years Professional nursing experience in a clinic setting.
License and Certificatoin:
Texas or New Mexico State Registered Nurse license.
Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse recognition through Texas or New Mexico Board of Nursing.
Covenant Health is celebrating nearly 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of LubbockCovenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Nurse Practicioner
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs