St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Courier - *On-Call* Evenings/Weekends in Lubbock, Texas
Covenant Health is seeking an on call, variable shift Courier with the Lab Services at Covenant Medical Center.
May receive and distribute all mails: Official, Postal Carried, and internal inter-departmental mail. Operation of hospital vehicle for mail pick up and delivery and other errands. Operate mailroom equipment.
May deliver supplies and equipment from Central Supply to correct area.
May pick up laboratory specimens, supplies, mail and distributes to appropriate destinations.
Minimal supervision required.
• Operate hospital vehicle.
• Pick up and deliver U.S. Postal mail, interdepartmental mail, and supplies for the hospital campuses and off-site areas.
• Sort and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain hospital vehicle.
• Perform errands as necessary.
• Maintains necessary records and receipts.
- Central Supply:
• Delivers supplies and equipment from Central Supply to correct area in timely manner.
• Handles equipment safely and efficiently at all times.
• Immediately reports problems and/or concerns to Supervisor/Manager.
• Consistently displays a positive and cooperative attitude in performance of duties.
• Is timely and accurate in completing other duties as assigned.
• Pick up and deliveries are made safely and accurately.
• Is ready available for assignments.
• Picks up laboratory specimens, supplies, mail and distributes to appropriate destinations.
• Carries two way radio at all times while on duty and responds as soon as practical to all requests.
• Maintains department vehicle, ensuring it has gasoline, routine inspections, oil and fluid changes and cleaning. Reports any vehicle malfunctions/problems to appropriate Supervisor/Manager.
• Maintains a current Texas Driver’s License and good driving record.
• Pick up STAT specimens in a timely manner.
Licenses and Certifications:
Mailroom: Current Texas driver's license.
Lab: Current Texas driver's license
Mailroom/Lab: Must be insurable by the hospital's automobile insurance carrier.
Specimen Logistics: Valid driver's license.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : H.S. Diploma or GED
Experience : Mailroom/Lab: Courier or mail room experience.
Covenant Health is celebrating over 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.For over 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of LubbockCovenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.Covenant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health
Category: Material Handler/ Clerk
Req ID: R327165
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs