St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Clinic RN II - SJuHMG Harbor 2251 UCC in Fullerton, California
We are looking for a Clinic Registered Nurse II with the SJuHMG Harbor 2251 UCC Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 4 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the St. Joseph Heritage Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization.
Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
• Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
• Understands own and team members’ scope of practice and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Champions new ideas.
• Leads and directs others through the change process.
• Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
• Participates in problem identification and resolution.
• Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations and patient care activities.
• Shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds him/her accountable for performance.
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
• Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
• Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process:
• Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
• Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, and education.
• Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate acuity.
• Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant others, and completed in a timely manner.
• Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
• Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of progress.
• Ensures care meets standards of practice.
• Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
• Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions. In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management plan.
• Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
• Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
• Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
- Patient Care Experience:
• Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient requests.
• Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
• Provides an optimal patient care experience by actively listening to the needs of patients and family members and taking responsibility for meeting those identified needs.
• Gives patients information in a way they can understand and ensures comprehension.
• Provides a patient care experience that exceeds members' expectations.
- Team Commitment:
• Acts as a resource, preceptor, and mentor to new employees, registry, students, and other team members.
• Attends all mandatory meetings, in-services and staff meetings as required, actively participates in other departmental professional development. (Requirement may vary for per diem staff).
• Participates with the assessment of current and future unit learning needs and development of an annual education plan.
• Keeps self-informed of activities on the unit and makes recommendations for change.
- Fiscal Responsibility:
• Organizes work to minimize the use of overtime.
• Identifies and assists in systems improvement that needs simplification or correction.
• Utilizes payroll and non-payroll resources to their maximum potential.
Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for infant (0-1 year), child (1-5 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years), young adult (18-45 years), middle adult (46-60 years), older adult (60+ years).
Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Word, Excel and e-mail system.
Strong written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Must possess a professional and mature demeanor.
Strong organization skills.
Excellent and effective leadership skills with the ability to remain flexible, cooperative, and assist others.
Ability to confronts difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
Takes accountability for own actions with the ability to accept constructive feedback.
Knowledge of responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect, kindness and compassion
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and work with interruptions.
Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills, preferred
Minimum Position Qualifications:
H.S. Diploma or GED
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
1 year RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
Experience in a leadership role.
Licenses and Certifications:
Current CA RN license
Current BLS certification
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
2 years RN experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
IDX and EMR experience
Licenses and Certifications: ACLS, PALS
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: R330702
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs