St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Staff RN - Intensive Care Unit in Eureka, California
We are looking for a Staff RN - California Nurses Association with Intensive Care Unit at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, California
Work Schedule: Full Time - 72 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 12 Hour, Nights
The Registered Nurse employs intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills through the utilization of the nursing process to assist patients of various ages in achieving maximum health potential. The Registered Nurse functions as a health team member through independent, interdependent and dependent roles within the health care system. Serving as the patient's advocate, the RN assumes responsibility and accountability for nursing care for patients of various ages as defined by the department scope of service.
- Nursing Process
• Assessment: gathers and interprets data relevant to patient needs.
• Planning: Sets care priorities appropriately for Plan of Care based on patient condition, age, and developmental status. Involves patient, significant others and health team members.
• Implementation: Implements Plan of Care according to identified need. Advocates for patient. Performs re-assessment as per policies and nursing processes.
◦ Medications: Prepares and administers medication accurately, safely and according to policy.
◦ Pain Management: Consistently evaluates and addresses patient comfort in accordance with policy and individual patient needs.
◦ Patient Education: Explains treatments and procedures. Provides information to promote recovery and wellness. Assures that patient and family receive education to promote recovery and wellness during hospitalization and essential skills for safe self care after discharge.
◦ Evaluation: Effectively recognizes changes in condition and intervenes appropriately.
• Technical Skills and Knowledge: Demonstrates competency in technical skills and use of department specific protocols and/or procedures, equipment and troubleshooting, etc. (e.g., care of ventilated patient, chemotherapy administration, wound care, cardiac monitoring, and pediatrics).
- Patient Related Communications
• Communicates necessary patient information in hand offs and bedside report to receiving staff and/or unit. Communicates necessary information and plan of care to patients, families, and staff using the communication board.
• Effectively coordinates and/or facilitates admission and transfer activities.
• Documents legibly and concisely, using appropriate forms and technology; adheres to documentation policies and guidelines.
• Keeps Supervisor and Physician informed of potential/actual critical or emergent situations.
Patient Related Safety and Infection Control
• Maintains a safe environment for the patient: adheres to safety measures for at risk groups, e.g. fall risk, restraints, suicide, etc.
• Demonstrates correct ‘hand hygiene’ practices; adheres to standard precautions and isolation techniques. Disinfects equipment after each patient use.
• Demonstrates knowledge and practice of Patient Safety initiatives in accordance with The Joint Commission standards, e.g. ‘procedural time out, two identifiers, BMV, etc. (National Patient Safety Goals).
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
• Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
◦ Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner. Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and performing other duties based on skill level and training orientation.
◦ Delegates tasks based on the legal scope of practice and effectively supervises nursing care being given. Uses all work time productively in work-related activities.
◦ Participates in department problem solving, suggests improvements and facilitates change. CQI involvement on department/SJH-HC level.
• Safety of Self and Others: Maintains a safe work environment. Identifies safety risks and reports such appropriately. Utilizes correct body mechanics, personal protective equipment and demonstrates other personal safety practices.
Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort
Efficiently communicates with SJH-HC physicians, customers and employees, both in person and by telephone
Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical records
Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem solve on a frequent basis
Initiative and the ability to make independent judgments are required
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Graduate of an accredited nursing school or proof of licensure by the state of California.
State of California as a Registered Nurse.
Current CPR certification (American Heart Association BLS Provider, American Red Cross Professional Rescuer, Fire Department Medical Provider course).
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience : Acute care or specialty experience
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: R330578
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs