St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Staff RN - Chemo Clinic in Eureka, California
We are looking for a Staff Nurse - CA Nurses Association with the Chemo Clinic at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka.
Location: Eureka, California
Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 10 Hour - Days
Under the general supervision of the Chemotherapy Infusion Manager, the Chemotherapy Clinic Staff Nurse employs intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills through the utilization of the nursing process to assist patients in achieving maximum health potential. The Staff Nurse provides nursing services required to care for patients receiving treatment in the outpatient Chemotherapy Infusion Clinic. Will assess patients, plan and provide direct patient care, and coordinate care with referral sources, other agencies, and other hospital departments, departments.
• Provide direct nursing care to outpatients receiving chemotherapy and related services
• Implement the medical plan of care
• Assist, as needed, with coordination and oversight of chemotherapy administration for Inpatients.
• Ensure adherence to SJHS-HC policies and standards of care/practice
• Assist with program development, including formulation and revision of policies and procedures, charting and other documentation, and process for coordination of care with other departments and providers
• Attend Tumor Board as scheduling allows
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Must be familiar with Chemotherapy
• Must be able to place peripheral IV catheters
• Must be familiar with the use and maintenance of Central Venus Catheterrs, particularly implanted ports
Age-Related Competencies: Serves Adult and Geriatric ages
Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with appropriate confidentiality and
Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
Minimum Position Qualifications: List the minimum qualifications required for this position:
• Education: Completion of a college Nursing program
• Experience: 1 year experience as an RN in a setting where chemotherapy is performed
• Training: Experienced with peripheral IV starts
• License / Certification: Current California RN License
• basic Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification required within 1 year, OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) Certification or obtain within one (1) year for full time, 2 years for part time, and 3 years for relief/per diem staff.
• Current CPR, HCP
Preferred Position Qualifications: List the preferred qualifications required for this position:
• 5 years experience in chemotherapy administration
• OCN Certification
• Supervision of other staff
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs