St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Nursing Manager - Case Management in Eureka, California
We are looking for a Nursing Manager for the Case Management Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Office, the Nurse Manager coordinates available resources to efficiently and effectively provide professional patient care and services to a quality consistent with nursing and SJHS-HC standards and at a cost compatible with the fiscal and other resources of SJHS-HC. Assumes 24 hours responsibility for the management of patient care and services in the assigned areas and delegates authority, as appropriate. Must have a professional commitment to growth, be creative and innovative, and demonstrate competency in interpersonal communication, leadership ability, and problem-solving skills.
Fiscal Management/Resource Utilization:
• Assures that resources and services support the mission of the departments and organization.
• Formulates realistic budgets, including plans for capital equipment, space, human, and other resources to carry out department and organization-wide functions.
• Demonstrates effective control of resources and maintains appropriate monitoring systems.
• Identifies and implements change in systems as needed to increase productivity, promote cost containment, and enhance patient care and safety.
• Participates in planning for the future needs and direction of the organization and direct areas of responsibility.
• Manager, Staffing and Resource Allocation:
◦ Maintains complete, current and readily accessible staffing data base.
◦ Facilitates the coordination of all unit schedules.
◦ Provides the EMT with resource utilization reports.
• At SJH - Cardiac Cath Lab Manager only:
◦ Collaborate in the development, recommendation, review and/or implementation of becoming a STEMI Receiving Center. Assist the STEMI Receiving Center Program Coordinator.
Human Resource Management:
• Demonstrates leadership ability by facilitating individual and team development. Removes roadblocks to improve employee and organization performance. Motivates, challenges and develops employees.
• Assures that performance appraisals, coaching, counseling, feedback, and discipline are conducted in concert with policies, values and standards.
• Effectively recruits, hires, orients, trains, and evaluates staff to assure competency and meeting of patient, departmental and organizational needs.
• Assures provision of department meetings for all staff to meet the needs of the department and regulatory requirements.
• Manager, Staff and Resource Allocation:
◦ Manages the supplemental staff resource roster including external agency personnel.
◦ Clinical Competence.
◦ Provides continual professional role model for all Patient Care Services.
◦ Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Performance Improvement/Customer Satisfaction:
◦ Monitors activities, identifies trends, and takes actions which assess and improve departments’ performance. Maintains appropriate quality control programs.
◦ Is knowledgeable about and participates in the Plan for Improving Organization Performance and the departments’ functions/role in the PIOP. Is knowledgeable and practices performance improvement skills and techniques.
◦ Assures safe environment for customers and others; identifies and takes effective action when necessary to assure safety standards are met.
◦ Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
◦ Coordinates and integrates services within the departments and with other departments in order to assure that customer needs are met.
Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, physicians, or organizations.
Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums, and medical records.
Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem solve on a frequent basis.
Capable of gathering data and making sound, mature decisions; ability to assess internal and external environment and make appropriate managerial changes based on those assessments.
Ability to coordinate, organize and manage multiple projects.
Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Coursework/Training - Graduate of an accredited nursing school or program.
3 years Clinical experience as staff nurse in comparable acute care unit and facility.
3 years Health care managerial experience.
State of California Registered Nurse.
Current CPR certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/ Manager
Req ID: R336382
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs