St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health MRI Technologist in Eureka, California
We are looking for an MRI Tech - NUHW (National Union of Healthcare Workers) with the MRI - SJE at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka.
Location: Eureka, CA
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Under the direction of the Department Manager the day-to-day supervision of the Lead Technologist and in close collaboration with the Radiologists, the MRI Technologist performs a variety of magnetic resonance-based diagnostic imaging procedures and related activities according to department standards utilizing age-specific criteria. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff. Participates in quality control and organizational improvement activities. Serves as a clinical and technical resource to other technologists and to the radiologists. Participates in call schedule to meet staffing needs of the department.
Staff members who treat patients of a specific age group must be aware of the regulatory and accreditation requirements specific to that population. The specific information and skills related to the position presented in this job description include the following age group populations: infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
• Patient Care:
• Reviews MRI orders, previous studies, and other supportive data. Discusses any special patient or exam needs with radiologist as are necessary. Transports patients appropriately after verifying identity.
• Prepares room for study with necessary coils, contrast materials, music system, bolsters, etc., specific to ages served: infant, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. Provides thoughtful explanations of MRI concepts and procedures in an age-specific manner.
• Based on MRI request and patient’s clinical history, interviews patient in an age-specific manner to ensure that contraindications that preclude MRI are identified and discussed with the radiologist on duty.
• Assists physicians and other health team members with patient monitoring, contrast administration, and in dealing with anxious, claustrophobic or sedated patients in an age-specific manner.
• Quality Control: Performs technical QC procedures necessary to document system performance, with emphasis on safety and image quality. Determines that MRI studies are clinically acceptable before releasing patient.
• Information Management:
• Performs accurate paperwork and data entry in terms of exam performance, patient history, charges, and related functions. Ensures that patient confidentiality is maintained.
• Performs required crash cart/BLS cart checks, refrigerator temp checks as per department requirements.
• Performs detailed functions required for accurate and efficient use of nighthawk services including electronic requisitioning and timely follow-up of issues that may delay reporting of exam results.
• Performs detailed functions required for accurate and efficient use of PACS including assuring all images are appropriately sent to and received in PACS, all associated documents have been scanned and all required “notes” detailing contrast used, site injected, additional signs/symptoms information needed by the radiologist as well as any other clinically relevant information.
• Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner.
• Demonstrates initiative in assisting others, training other technologists and performing other duties based on skills level and training orientation.
• Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
• Helps to provide a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients and others by taking appropriate safety precautions based on age-related needs.
• Takes appropriate action and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
• Quality Improvement Program: Participates in department problem solving, suggests improvements and facilitates change.
Reads and interprets written materials such as prescriptions, physician’s orders, policies and procedures, safety regulations, and equipment operating instructions. Interprets a variety of instructions presented in verbal, written, diagram, or schedule format.
Writes routine reports, notes, and memorandum. Speaks and writes effectively.
Applies basic arithmetic and algebraic concepts such as proportions, percentages and simple equations with a high degree of accuracy.
Solves practical problems and deals effectively with situations where only limited standardization exists.
Uses independent judgment on a routine basis.
Concentrates on details in a busy and distracting environment.
Advanced computer skills related to the operation of high technology, computer-driven equipment is essential.
Current CPR certification is required.
Venipuncture certification required within 45 days job acceptance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Graduate of a program in radiologic technology approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education & Accreditation of the American Medical Association.
- Five (5) years experience as the primary technologist in a high volume MRI facility.
Possession of a valid certificate as a Certified Radiologic Technologist in Diagnostic Radiology issued by the State of California is preferred.
Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is preferred.
Advanced certification in magnetic resonance imaging technology by the ARRT or equivalently recognized organization (ARMRIT, etc.) is preferred.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County.Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Req ID: R326300
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs