St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Hospital Based Services Supervisor in Eureka, California
Supervisor Full Time
Mon - Fri 08:00 - 05:00
Job Summary: Works collaboratively with the Medical Office Director to provide administrative support to Physician programs based within the Hospital. Oversee program daily operations; patient census, metrics review and data gathering, employee hiring, education, support, payroll, etc.; AP invoice review, physician invoicing/logs, physician scheduling as required, monthly meeting planning and management, assist program Medical Directors with projects as needed, administrative onboarding of new physicians, physician credentialing, CV review and facilitator of locum presentations/search.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Requires three (3) years’ experience in a medical office setting or previous supervisory/managerial experience
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills in a Windows operating environment including Word, and an e-mail system.
Other: Valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance for employee-owned vehicles.
Knowledge/ Skills / Abilities:
· Effective employee management skills with the ability to lead and direct staff through a changing and fast paced work environment.
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team.
· Ability to work independently and make decisions.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Knowledge of levels of care available in the community.
· Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in facilitating constructive change.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and Publisher.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution highly desirable.
Experience: Experience in the interpretation, implementation, and development operational policies and procedures.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
· Works collaboratively with the Director of Hospital Based Services to provide administrative support to Physician programs based within the Hospital. Oversees appropriate staffing levels based on volume to ensure adequate office coverage including appropriate use of staff overtime and registry.
· Oversees implementation and adherence of policies/procedures and provides training as necessary to ensure appropriate understanding and usage.
· In concert with the Director of Hospital Based Services operationalizes strategic goals and monitors progress towards meeting those goals.
· Functions with limited supervision in compliance with policies, practices, and procedures prescribed by the Director and OSHA requirements.
· Shares availability with the Director for emergent critical administrative consultations on nights and weekends.
· Investigates and responds to patient inquiries and concerns within 48 hours.
· Assists in employee reviews and initiates disciplinary actions where appropriate.
· Provides orientation process to new employees.
- Inthe absence of the Director is responsible for the oversight and directionof the staff in collaboration with the Nursing Coordinator followingestablished policies and procedures.
· Performs all other duties as assigned .
St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, SJHH has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare (SJHH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Health Care