St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Endoscopy Technologist - Gastroenterology in Eureka, California
We are looking for an Endoscopy Technologist for the Gastroenterology Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Relief
Shift: 8-hour, Days (Variable)
The Endoscopy Tech employs intellectual, interpersonal and technical skills to perform transportation of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients to the surgery area or the endoscopy area under the direction of the RN. In the Endoscopy Suite, the specific patient ages are adults and geriatric. The Endoscopy Tech performs cleaning and decontamination functions in both areas.
• Incorporates physical, motor/sensory adaptation, cognitive, psychosocial factors into the transportation and care process (e.g., behavior inconsistent with developmental stage, medications, educational needs, abuse/neglect, communication, etc.).
• Demonstrates working knowledge of cleaning and decontamination of equipment & materials.
• Adheres to established standards for cleaning and decontaminating endoscopes and rooms following procedures.
• Complies with standards for patient transportation, taking into effect the safety components for transporting pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and applying appropriate positioning and transporting techniques.
• Consistently demonstrates competency to assist the RN and physician during endoscopy procedures as requested. Efficiently gathers equipment and supplies.
• Ensures patient safety in the use of electrical equipment during endoscopy per established policies.
• Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
• Safety: Helps to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
◦ Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner.
◦ Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and performing other duties based on skill level and training orientation.
◦ Uses all work time productively in work-related activities.
• Quality Improvement: Participates in department problem solving, suggests improvements, and facilitates change. CQI involvement on department/SJHS-HC level.
Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
Efficiently communicates with SJHS-HC physicians, surgical staff, patients and other employees both in person and by telephone.
Reads and comprehends written instructions, able to interpret medical orders, correspondence, memorandums and medical records.
Applies deductive and common sense reasoning ability to problem solving
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: H.S. Diploma or GED
Licenses/Certifications: Current CPR certification.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year experience in endoscopy suite, or experience working in a surgery, post anesthesia care unit, short stay unit, or sterile processing department.
Licenses/Certifications: Endoscopy Technician Certification
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Endoscopy Techs
Req ID: R334848
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs