St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Clinical Nurse Specialist in Eureka, California
We are looking for a Clinical Nurse Specialist with the Inservice Education Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Nights
Based on the sciences of nursing practice, learning, and change, the Clinical Nurse Program Specialist uses knowledge and skill in education theory and application, career development, leadership, and program management to support lifelong nursing professional development. The Clinical Nurse Program Specialist may act as a clinician to assess and coordinate quality patient care and may provide patient care related to specialty. Minimal supervision required.
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION (CDE):
• Accepts personal responsibilities for own professional development (i.e., self-refection, goal development, membership in professional organization).
• Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills (i.e., oral and written communication).
• Verbalizes understanding of critical thinking skills and evidence-based practice (i.e., cognitive and metacognitive).
• Promotes education of the learner to meet their professional development needs (i.e., linking nurses to professional development and other relevant resources).
• Functions in the role of teacher, identifying and documenting needs in a manner that facilitates generation of purpose statements, educational objectives, program content and evaluation criteria.
• Participates in quality performance improvement activities (i.e., documenting course evaluation for basic knowledge level).
- LEADERSHIP and COLLABORATION:
• Shares knowledge and skills and interacts with peers, students, colleagues and others to enhance professional nursing (i.e., presentations at meetings and professional conferences); demonstrates a sensitivity to ethical, cultural, and spiritual inclusion, engaging in ethical decision-making.
• Acknowledges the need for research in practice; incorporates the best available evidence, (i.e., Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2001), the Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development, and other relevant standards, guidelines, benchmarks, regulations and laws to guide practice, copyright law, regulatory requirements for health reporting); employs educational principles, standards, and methodologies to establish and maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrates energy, excitement, and a passion for quality work; implements motivational strategies at individual level.
- PROGRAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT (PPM):
• Participates in planning of programs and projects; assists stakeholders in identifying and securing appropriate and available learning opportunities; documents and monitors resource allocation and utilization.
Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to think critically and the flexibility to adapt to changing situations.
Ability to give constructive feedback, teach, supervise, and work as a team.
Demonstrates respect for human dignity and patient rights.
Knowledge and ability to design and document education programs.
Serve as a role model for St. Joseph Hospital Standards of Behavior and Conduct.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience : 5 years of Clinical experience with 3 years in area of specialty.
License/Certification : Current RN License.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Master's Degree in Nursing or relevant field (e.g., Education).
Experience : Experience in education program development and staff education and support.
License/Certification : Certification for area of specialty. Specialty certification must be initiated within first year of employment
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Advance Practice Nursing / Clinical Nurse Specialist
Req ID: R332539
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs