St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Clerical Specialist - MRI in Eureka, California
We are looking for a DI Clerical Specialist - National Union of Health Workers for the MRI Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: On call/Per diem
Shift: 8 hour, Days
Under the direction of the Department Director, Manager and Radiology Clerical Supervisor, the Clerical Specialist assists physicians and department employees in providing optimal care for diagnostic imaging patients. Maintains efficient patient flow, records management and scheduling in accordance with department standards. Provides receptionist and secretarial services. Receives researches and responds to court subpoenas. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff, possessing abilities to communicate in an age-appropriate manner.
• Greet patients in an age-appropriate, prompt and friendly manner. Complete patient registration process utilizing ChartMaxx and arrive patients in Meditech system completing paperwork in accordance with department and hospital standards. Assure medication reconciliation form completed when appropriate.
• Enter orders in Meditech radiology information system (RIS). Arrive patients in Patient Tracking. Deliver any pertinent paperwork to technologist work area. Provide patients with procedure preparation, kits, as directed by nursing or technical staff.
• Professionally answer telephone. Take accurate telephone messages and deliver messages in a timely manner. Fax/mail reports to physician offices and other facilities upon request assuring request is legally appropriate.
• Receive subpoenas, document and record fees in Subpoena Tracking System (HIM Correspondence module). Locate requested records, count film/PACS images responding with breakdown in a timely manner to attorneys/serving companies. Assure film is copied or CD burned and prepared for mail, delivery or personal pickup. Receive and document payment for copied film.
- Information and File Management:
• Respond immediately to new Meditech orders, identify appropriate comparable exams and enter pertinent data in PACS. Ensure report of previous exam is available for review in PACS. When applicable ensure that previous images are digitized, downloaded or by Dicom transfer into PACS. When appropriate, locate/update film jacket in preparation of printed film.
• Prepare scheduled appointment with associated comparison images/paperwork to provide for review either by hard copy, digitized, downloaded or by Dicom transfer into PACS. Deliver appropriate written physician order to technical work areas.
• Manage master file by maintaining color code file system, adjust file according to year/month convention and inventory old records for management of records in off-site storage.
• Process requested records in/out of image library, documenting data assuring legal and appropriate tracking of records. Scan authorizations into PACS.
• Locate, request records from other facilities for comparison or surgical procedures and document in Meditech system and/or PACS.
- QUALITY IMPROVEMENT
• Resource Utilization: Ensure that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for, and used in a cost-effective manner.
• Safety: Help to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
◦ Organize, prioritize and complete activities in an efficient manner.
◦ Willingly assist others and perform office duties in a team-spirited and competent manner.
• Quality Improvement Program: Participate in department problem solving, suggest improvements and facilitate change.
Ability to ensure patient confidence and comfort.
Effectively communicates, in an age-appropriate manner, with physicians, customers and employees, both in person and by telephone.
Reads and comprehends written instructions.
Able to interpret procedure requisitions, short correspondence, memorandums, and procedure preparations and contraindications.
Moderate knowledge base of computer fundamentals related to data entry, retrieval and imaging technologies.
Ability to multitask and prioritize successfully.
Adapts to a busy, stressful environment with only minimal direct supervision.
Basic familiarity with diagnostic imaging procedures to facilitate appropriate scheduling preferred.
Familiarity with office procedures and computer fundamentals.
Basic knowledge of general medical and radiologic terminology is preferred.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education : H.S. Diploma or GED
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience : 2 years of Secretarial or general office experience.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Administrative ( Non-clinical)
Req ID: R333744
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs