St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Cardiovascular Imaging Technologist - Cardiac Cath Lab in Eureka, California
We are looking for a Cardiovascular Imaging Technologist for the Cardiac Cath Lab Department at St. Joseph Hospital Eureka. Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Location: Eureka, CA
Work Schedule: Full Time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 10-hour, Days
Under general direction of the Department Manager and/or Lead Technologist, and in collaboration with the Medical Director of the Cath Lab, cardiologists, radiologists, and other medical staff, the Cardiovascular/ Interventional Imaging Technologist is responsible for the performance of advance cardiovascular and interventional imaging procedures. Serves as a customer service representative to patients, their families, the public, and the medical staff. Participates in quality assurance and organizational improvement activities. Provides age-appropriate care (e.g., assists with data collection and providing care) for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
Diagnostic Interventional Procedures:
• Assists cardiologists with left heart cath, right and left heart cath, and coronary interventions, including PCTA, coronary rotoblator, directional coronary atherectomy, coronary stent deployment, and thrombolysis.
• Assists radiologists and other physicians with selective and sub-selective neuro, pulmonary, abdominal and peripheral angiography, and venography. Assists with a variety of non-cardiac interventions, including angioplasty, rotoblator, stent deployment, thrombolysis, and IVC filter placement.
• Performs the set up, preparation and assists with the percutaneous placement of intra-aortic balloon pump catheters. Adjusts IABP controls to achieve maximum counter-pulsation and augmentation. Troubleshoots intra-aortic balloon pump operation.
• Participates in the implantation of temporary and permanent pacemakers, lead revisions, and generator changes.
• Scrubs and surgically assists during diagnostic/interventional procedures. Creates and maintains sterile field, conducts sponge, sharps, and instrument counts, and performs related duties.
• Operates computerized hemodynamic monitoring system. Monitors, records and analyzes RA, RV, PA, PCW, aortic, and LV waveforms. Calculates cardiac output using both thermal and Fick techniques. Accurately calculates valve areas and shunts. Able to manually perform calculation of ejection fraction using computerized equipment.
• Performs loading, film handling, processing, and splicing of 35mm cine film. Performs cine processor QC. Conducts activities related to film changer applications including loading, programming, troubleshooting, unloading, and processing.
• Performs digital and photographic subtraction studies. Troubleshoots and conducts QC testing on cine-radiographic system.
Image Quality: Operates complex imaging systems in a safe and technically competent manner. Serves as a clinical and technical imaging resource for cath lab team.
Radiation Safety: Uses shielding devices, collimation, and exposure factors, which ensure a working environment that exemplifies radiation safety, ALARA principles, and standards of good practice.
• Resource Utilization: Ensures that appropriate supplies and equipment are available, accounted for and used in a cost-effective manner.
• Safety: Helps to provide a clean, comfortable environment for customers and others by taking appropriate safety precautions and responds to urgent safety situations effectively.
◦ Organizes, prioritizes and completes activities and assignments in an efficient manner.
◦ Demonstrates initiative in assisting others and performing other duties based on skill level and training orientation.
• Quality Improvement Program: Participates in department problem solving, suggests improvements, and facilitates change.
Reads and interprets written materials such as prescriptions, physician’s orders, policies and procedures, safety regulations, and highly technical equipment operating instructions. Interprets and processes a variety of clinical/technical information presented in written, verbal, waveform, graphical, or diagram format.
Speaks and writes effectively. Writes routine reports, clinical notes, and memoranda.
Applies advanced algebraic concepts in the calculation of valve areas, pressure gradients, ejection fraction, shunts, and cardiac output with a high degree of accuracy.
Solves complex problems and deals effectively with situations where no standardization exists.
Must possess excellent critical thinking skills.
Concentrates on details in a busy, stressful and distracting environment.
Advanced computer skills related to equipment operation are essential
Minimum Position Requirements:
Graduate of a program in radiologic technology approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education & Accreditation of the American Medical Association or Graduate of a program in radiologic technology: Certified Radiologic Technologist by the state of California.
Bachelor's Degree in Radiologic Technology; with cardiac externship or Bachelor's Degree: 2 years recent experience in a hospital-based imaging department, or recent experience in a hospital based Cath lab performing interventional cardiology
Current licensure as a Certified Radiologic Technologist by the State of California.
ACLS within 120 days of hire.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses/Certifications: Advanced registration by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in cardiovascular and interventional imaging (CV-I)
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be "America's Most Scenic Rural County."
It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit.
Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine.
To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org
St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Humboldt County Entities
Category: Cardiopulmonary Techs (Cath, EP and Other)
Req ID: R334859
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs