St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Manager, Communications in Apple Valley, California
Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Manager, Communication to our Hospital in Apple Valley, CA.
We are seeking a Manager, Communcation to engage in internal/external communication projects to provide organization-wide strategy, planning and delivery of communication initiatives in support of the Providence St. Joseph Health strategic priorities. The manager delivers consistent, clear messaging to all Providence St. Joseph Health audiences while collaborating to ensure alignment across geographic regions, multiple facilities and diverse business units.
• Lead strategy, planning and execution for communication plans and programs, major organizational campaigns and initiatives related to media relations, crisis communication, organizational communication, community relations social media and executive communication.
• Proven ability to work independently writing, creating and implementing high-quality communication plans, messaging and copy that meets PSJH standards.
• Oversee, manage and measure effectiveness of key communication projects and initiatives, including employee/caregiver communication, executive communication, public relations, media relations, issues/crisis management, thought leadership and social media/influencer strategies to promote and enhance the reputation of PSJH and our family of organizations.
• Support and enhance the quality of all communication tools and channels to ensure communication is delivered consistently and proactively to all caregivers.
• Support measurable improvement in caregiver engagement, based on established standards.
• Ensure the organizational voice and narrative, and Mission, Vision and Values of PSJH, including the culture and heritage of founding organizations,, are present in all communication efforts.
• Reinforce, enhance and grow the organizational voice and narrative of Providence St. Joseph Health through consistent, proactive communication sharing.
• Provide ongoing strategic communication counsel and support.
• Ensure alignment of organizational and region/ministry messaging and communication programs.
• Manage, monitor and improve the delivery of information and messaging to caregivers and other audiences.
• Provide escort and coordinate local media, film and video crews as required.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, marketing, business administration or related field, with master’s preferred.
• 3+ years demonstrated management experience in leading broad-based and successful communication programs.
• Demonstrated experience managing communication programs and business relationships.
• Demonstrated experience working in highly matrixed and geographically dispersed organizations and teams.
• Demonstrated writing and editing excellence.
• Demonstrated health care experience.
• Deep knowledge of integrated health care and communication practices.
• Ability to create strong, strategic business relationships with senior executives and board leadership at both the organizational and region/ministry levels.
• Ability to work collaboratively across a diverse, matrixed marketing and communication team to ensure messaging and programs are delivered quickly, consistently and powerfully across multiple channels and locations.
• Ability to drive proactive, powerful messaging in support of a brand position.
Agility and flexibility in coordinating multiple high-level projects, and just-in-time issues and work assignments.
• Communication experience in health care.
• Experience in a faith-based health system/organization.
St. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations.SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three statesFor the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award.SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.Excellent compensation program and benefits provided.St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: SJH System Office
Category: Non- Clinical Lead/ Supervisor/ Manager
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs