St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Partner in Anaheim, California
We are looking for a Finance Partner / Sr. Financial Analyst with HSS Finance Department at St. Joseph Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Anaheim, CA
With minimal supervision, the Finance Partner / Sr. Financial Analyst, FP&A’s primary responsibility is to be a value-added business partner with Medical Group and IPA management and physicians by analyzing, understanding, reporting, and advising on key financial and business trends for one or more Medical Groups, IPAs, or Shared Services. Collects, researches, and organizes financial and operations data to create and report monthly financial, variance, and trending analyses. Creates financial models and ad hoc analyses. Develops budgets and forecasts. Reports directly to the Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (temporarily The Director of Finance), and has a dotted line to one or more Medical Group/IPA executives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and -solving skills; detail oriented.
• Ability to work with and effectively communicate with persons at all levels, including executives, physicians, management, and staff regarding highly confidential and sensitive financial and personal information.
• Self-starter (do-er) who is able to work alone and collaborate within a team environment.
• Quality, integrity, and customer service focused with the ability to handle simultaneous projects accurately and within deadlines.
• High critical thinking required - Using logic and reasoning to identify problems, the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to resolving challenges
• Ability to consistently and effectively function in a fast-paced environment that includes varying or unpredictable circumstances and numerous interruptions while exercising appropriate interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to consistently and effectively multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to analyze information gathered by investigation, and report findings and recommendations
• Ability and willingness to travel to Medical Group locations, hospitals, and administrative offices throughout Northern & Southern California.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
• Requires five (5) plus years’ work experience in a financial/business analysis role, FP&A, accounting or related discipline
• Three (3) plus years’ work experience within the Health Care Industry, preferably managed care and medical group practice management
• Proficient in creating complex financial models utilizing discounted cash flow, NPV, IRR required, and preparing presentable dashboards to review them in board meetings
• Requires proficiency in applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Requires the ability to analyze and interpret financial data, prepare executive dashboards and present to C-suite leadership
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel including PivotTables and advanced formulas (super-critical)
• Proficient in Microsoft Access including query development and report design.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
License and Certificate: Valid California Driver’s License for travel between St. Joseph Health locations.
Preferred Position Requirements:
Education: MBA or Master's Degree in Health Administration, Public Health, or Business Administration highly desirable.
• Previous experience in physician billing, capitation, risk adjustment, payor contracts, CPT coding, and Medicare Relative Value Units (RVU’s).
• Demonstrated ability to understand the business and partner with leadership
• Past experience managing a small team of analysts
St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values.St. Joseph Health - Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs