St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Private Duty LVN- Hiring Bonus $400 in Anaheim, California
CALLING ALL LVNs!
We are seeking qualified LVNs to provide nursing care to our Hospice, Home Health patients and our Private Duty clients in their home. Per-diem hours are available for AM and PM shifts in all areas of Orange County. Come join us and collaborate with our Hospice and Home Health team and care for a variety of patients, from Pediatrics to Hospice!
Education: Completes necessary education to attain LVN licensure in the state of California.
Experience: One year of Licensed Vocational Nurse experience.
License/Certification: Current California LVN license, CA Driver’s License and proof of auto liability insurance; and BLS.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
License/Certification: Phlebotomy and/or IV Certification
Job Summary: Administers nursing care to patient in the home setting. Under the supervision of a Private Duty RN.
Essential Values-Based Competencies: Demonstrates values-based competencies in line with the four core values that are the foundation of all activities performed by employees in order to achieve the Mission of the St. Joseph Health System:
Dignity: Demonstrates competence in communication and interpersonal relations.
Excellence: Demonstrates competence in continuous improvement, continuous learning, accountability, and teamwork.
Service: Demonstrates competence in customer/patient focus and adaptability.
Justice: Demonstrates competence in community orientation and stewardship.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline nursing skills as outlined in Network policy and clinical policy. Maintains clinical competencies according to home health care standards. Complies with California Licensing Regulations.
• Identifies and determines priority of the patient’s needs/problems, anticipates emergencies. Complications of pathology and assists others in implementing complex care.
• Administers all medications and treatments according to Network policy, accepted standards of care and home health care guidelines.
• Communicates effectively with the RN, patients, families and physicians. Documenting patient status, patient needs/problems, nursing interventions/patient response, safety interventions and education/teaching.
• Completes and submits documentation timely and accurately.
• Assists the RN with the Plan of Care that includes realistic and measurable goals and appropriate nursing interventions to produce desired outcomes with the patients.
• Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the dare of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
• Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude with staffing, promoting teamwork and harmony by readily assisting other staff and patients. Participates in care conferences/team meetings.
• Makes visits as scheduled and participates in on-call rotation as required.
• Annually completes Compliance Education and understands applicable policies.
• Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
• Adheres to California Licensed Vocational Nurse Regulations.
• Conforms to all applicable Network policies and procedures.
• Participates actively in continuing education and inservices.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information and business trade practices.
• Assumes accountability for reporting incidents and complaints according to Network policy.
• Completes compliance education and understands all applicable policies.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to prioritize and critically think.
• Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
• Organizational skills
• Ability to follow Agency's policies and applicable laws
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
• Time management
• Cooperative attitude
• Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations
• Demonstrates Values based customer service skills
• Human development knowledge/skills: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served including knowledge of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for age specific requirement of the assigned patients.
• Age-specific patient needs that employee is required to understand and meet:
Demonstrates the ability to report age appropriate data about the patient’s status in order to identify age-specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Additional requirements:
Demonstrates age appropriate communication skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific community resources.
• Treats all information and data within the scope of the position with complete confidentiality and security.
• Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations.
• Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Home Health Network Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Knowledge of proper procedures for handling exposure to communicable diseases and blood borne pathogens.
• Knowledge of the proper technique to handle exposure to hazardous material.
- Defined on the attached Physical Demand Analysis.
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Health Care
St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health
- St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Jobs